Published on April 7th, 2012 | by Charu Suri2
How To Find the Perfect Piece of Travel Luggage – Ricardo of Beverly Hills Case Study
As a frequent traveler, my luggage is almost like an arm extension. If something is too cumbersome, I'm just quite irritated. If a piece of luggage is just right, I feel as though I've found my new best friend.
Recently, I was invited to attend the Family Travel Conference hosted by Traveling Moms where they introduced us to a new piece of expandable luggage by Ricardo of Beverly Hills, which has been making luggage for 30 years. I fell in love with the super lightweight Crystal City collection, which is ideal for day trips anywhere. And….purple is one of my all time favorite colors!
If you're a frequent traveler, here are some tips to help you find the perfect piece of luggage:
- Check to see if it's truly lightweight. There are a number of pieces of luggage that promise to be lightweight but come in at 10 pounds–to me, lugging something that's too heavy in addition to your clothes, shoes etc. is quite an important consideration!
- Check to see if it's a carry on: many suitcases look tempting but if you have to pay $25 or some such to check it in every time you fly, then consider if for long-haul trips;
- Do find your style and color! With the number of choices on the market, it would be pointless to travel with a piece of luggage you're not proud of;
- Check all sites for the best price: there are a number of sites from LuggageOnline.com to Amazon.com that will give you some comparables, but for authenticity, buy from the source itself;
- Take it for a test drive. While many won't let you return a piece of luggage after you've used it, remember to wheel it around the store and lift it and see if you're capable of putting it in the overhead compartment etc.
This new 20 inch expandable spinner is a great carry on, because it is truly Super Light Weight and made with a flexible micro ballistic nylon fabric with a PC composite shell.
Butterscotch loves it! …and look at how big it is…
It has two compartments that pretty much fits everything you need for a short trip (i.e. weekend or a few days) and is expandable. The split-book style luggage gives you space to separate everything and there's a secure elastic strap to keep everything in place. Finding the perfect piece of travel luggage becomes easier when the manufacturer has thought through the details.
The upper compartment has zippers that reveal a place to store your shoes or clothes, and several compartments including a TSA approved 3-1-1 Bag for all your cosmetics and stuff…super convenient.
Basically everything I need to jet off in style for the weekend….The luggage also has a good handle system.
Shown above: Ricardo of Beverly Hills Crystal City 20" Expandable Spinner Carry-on, retails for $300, on sale for $179.
Disclosure: A sample piece of luggage was provided to me by Ricardo of Beverly Hills for editorial consideration.